Saturday, May 22, 2010

Week of boating out of GA again

After two last low water runs on the Watauga for a few months, I packed up all my things and headed home to Georgia.  It was a real good year of school, paddling, mountain biking, skiing, and good times. I kept a little log of paddling days for the year, its pretty accurate for the most part. Here are some quick stats:
1st semester: 35 days on the water, 15 new runs
2nd semester: 42 days on the water, 6 new runs
I logged 31 runs on then Watauga as well!
Not too bad, I think.  

When I got home, I had about a week of free time until my knee surgery, so I resolved to go kayaking as much as possible until then. I started off with a trip to run the Chattooga with Greg Garrard and Sam Causey, two real good friends that I hadn't got boat with in a long time, so it was good to be back boating with them like I did all through high school.  When we all first paddled with each other, we thought the Ocoee was badass, and the Chattooga was the absolute shit.   We planned to meet Katie Worley and Zach Dean to run shuttle with, but they werent off work until 5 so we decided to head over to the upper Tallulah for soma laps while we waited.

To be continued...since my photos are not uploading for some reason

No comments:

Post a Comment